Thursday, January 11, 2007

bleah

It's one of those days, one of those feelings, one of those posts. I'll pause and look discretely the other way if you'd like to slip out of the blog before the whining starts.

I finished the scarf, and it's way too short for DH. He does have a rather large neck, but I thought the length would be fine for just tucking into the collar of the coat. I had each of the girls try it on, and they both thought it was nice and warm (also the perfect length) but after 20 seconds they both said "wow, this is itchy." Quickly followed by "Why don't YOU wear it, Mom?" Mom bought the same yarn in blue for herself, but now she's not going to make a scarf. Let's see, I think I need to find those wrist-warmer patterns.

School today was bleah, too. Difficult classes, kids were SO chatty and fell all over themselves interrupting. First and second grade are usually my bright spots, but today I just couldn't wait for them to be over.

There's a big issue involving my sister, and it would depress me MORE to go into it. Suffice it to say there isn't a nerve left in my body that she hasn't twanged.

And I'm using a Mac on Blogger, and I can't do bold, italic, or any other cutesy-poo stuff, so all my angst is being stifled into ordinary complaining, when clearly it is just so much more.

Now. Do I start another pair of socks, the wrist warmers in blue alpaca, or a cashmere scarf? Which one is more likely to make me happy? Hey, it's all yarn so it's all good. Eeny, meeny, miney, mo. . . .

No comments: