Monday, January 22, 2007

Knitting as a Rescue Operation

Yikes.

I've been having a health concern lately, and got an appointment to see someone official at 4 pm today. Like a good girl, I showed up 10 minutes early for paperwork, co-pay, and use the little girl's room (which looks remarkably like the little boy's room!).

Did I say 4:00 appointment?

Can you say 4:57 pm?????? I knew that you could.

Thank heavens I brought the sock with me. It poked out of my little bag just hanging off my wrist, made a great conversation starter during the blood-pressure routine, and it kept me company during the boring wait. I got quite a bit of it done. (How much? How about three-quarters of a leg? Yeah. That much.)

Well, that sock now has all sorts of good karma associated with it, because an EKG is thoroughly normal, everything sounds terrific, and the doctor is not at all concerned. At. All.

So, yeah. Green has always been one of my favorite colors, and now I know it has mysterious powers of healing, as well. Or is it the sock shape as a talisman? Or the needles acting as a reverse dream-catcher? Whatever.

Our family visit this weekend was really terrific. Not one tense moment for anyone, the food was fab, and DH and I are now the proud owners of a S'mores/Fondue Kit, plus graham crackers and marshmallows. What a great thing I'll be able to trot out for snowy days with the girls.

Hey, if you have a Wegman's Supermarket near you, I'll give you a tip: They have a jarred chocolate-raspberry dessert sauce that is WONDERFUL heated up and poured over chocolate pound cake. Whipped cream doesn't hurt, either. Ask me how I know.

The next square of matzoh will be worked on this week. Bet you can't wait for the photo!! Yeah, that's what I thought.

No comments: