Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Oh, we're up to number one and the fun has just begun!

I absolutely love January.

That new blank calendar. The tons of leftover food which means no frenetic "ohmygoshwhatwillwehavefordinnertonightlookslikeit'spastanomomnotagain!" The breathing space between the Holiday Concert and the solo/competition time in March.

Granted, I did not love January when the alarm went off at 6:15 this morning. But once I got to work, it was GO time! I got everything done that I wanted to accomplish, nothing threw a monkey wrench in my path, and it all just felt good.

That's why I don't make resolutions. January is a little gift that comes after the gift-giving season, when life is calm and I am enjoying the serenity of early winter evenings.

Why spoil that with a list that points out how rotten I am and what all needs fixing? Nope, not me.

And the second sock is almost done. Yep, January's good.

No comments: